- Non-Hunting Guest / Observer: $2500 USD
- Private Guide: not available
NOTE: A 15% Tax is applicable to all prices and a non-refundable deposit is required to book.
Included With Your Hunting Package
- Ground transportation to base camp and air departure point
- Helicopter or float plane flights to and from hunting camp
- Accommodations for 7 days and nights in camp
- All home cooked meals prepared by camp cooks along with snacks and desserts
- 2X1 professional licensed guide
- Hunting for 6 – 7 days depending on date (Sunday hunting is not permitted under provincial law between April 1 – September 30)
- Meat & Trophy field care such as skinning and caping
Not Included With Your Hunting Package
- Meat processing (if requested) – $0.80 per pound and up depending on cuts
- Meat & Trophy shipping – cost is determined by weight and quantity
- Staff gratuity
- Extra nights in hotel outside of hunt dates. Hunters are kindly advised to allow an extra day at each end of their hunt to permit transfers to and from camp, thank you.
- Day 0 – Arrive in Newfoundland and stay at the Deer Lake Motel adjacent to the Deer Lake airport (YDF).
- Day 1 – Get picked up by Ironbound staff and transferred to the helicopter or float plane base. Fly to camp. Get settled it, have breakfast/lunch, and go hunting.
- Day 2-7 – Hunting
- Day 8 – Depart camp in the morning and fly by helicopter or float plane to Deer Lake. Ironbound staff will be waiting to take you to the meat processers and arrange shipping and processing of meat & trophies. Stay at the Deer Lake motel.
- Day 9 – Depart for home.
Please Note! Sunday hunting is not permitted during September under provincial law.
Arriving In Newfoundland By Air
The airport in Deer Lake, Newfoundland (YDF) is serviced by Air Canada with several daily flights from Toronto and Halifax. We kindly advise our guests to allow an extra day at each end of the hunt to permit transfers to and from hunting camp. You should arrive in Deer Lake, NL the day before your hunt begins, and book your departure for the day after your hunt ends. This will allow time to fly out of camp if the weather is bad, and to arrange processing and shipping of the meat/ trophy. The Deer Lake motel is pleased to provide a special rate for our guests who wish to stay extra nights before or after your hunt dates.
Air Canada 1-888-247-2262 or aircanada.com
Deer Lake Motel 1-800-563-2144 or deerlakemotel.com
Arriving In Newfoundland By Road
Guests who are driving to Newfoundland can book the Marine Atlantic overnight ferry crossing departing North Sydney, Nova Scotia, and arriving in Port aux Basque NL on the day your hunt begins. From your arrival in Newfoundland our base camp is about 1.5 hrs by road on route 480 off the TCH. We will meet you there. You may wish to book your departure for the day after your hunt ends.
If you would welcome further information please feel free to contact us at any time at 709-632-8073 or by email at email@example.com.
Average Temperature (Celsius)
September 10.1 | October 4.7
Average Rainfall (mm)
September 107 | October 131
Monthly Snowfall (cm)
September 0 | October 4
Our hunting areas are expansive, but because of our ideal fly in locations most game are taken within a mile or two from camp. Hunting is done on foot and in the spirit of fair chase. Guests are advised to ensure their personal fitness is appropriate for this type of hunt. The reward will be well worth the effort!
Weight Restriction For Helicopter
70lbs plus a soft gun or bow case.
What To Bring
- Flashlight and batteries
- Sharp knife
- Quiet Rain gear
- 16-18” Rubber boots
- Packable vest or fleece jacket
- Gloves and hat
- Wool socks and layered clothing
- Footwear for around camp
- Camera and batteries
- Daypack and water bottle
- Personal Identification
- Gun or bow that’s sighted in and adequate for the hunt
- Soft gun or bow case
- Two way radio (optional)
- Personal items such as additional medication if required
& Sleeping Bag